The future of education is content delivered via virtual classrooms, especially in Australia where the tyranny of distance and increased traffic congestion hinder the opportunities to learn in residential classrooms. These virtual classrooms are held online where participates can communicate, view presentations and interact with facilitators and peers. To sum it all up, virtual classrooms are very similar to traditional classrooms, where the teaching is still the same but it is delivered in a convenient format.
So, how can individuals benefit from these virtual classrooms?
- It is flexible, you can stay at your work desk and log on for a few hours. You can participate in the lesson via a laptop, PC or tablet/iPad. With just a few hours duration needed at a time for a virtual class, students do not have to take out a whole day for learning. This benefits employers as well, as they avoid roster shuffling and extra staffing.
- Chat boxes and polls will be available during the class to allow students to interact as they would in a residential classroom. Polls allow for facilitators to gauge the knowledge and understanding of the class.
- Similar to a traditional classroom, the facilitator is in control of the style of content delivery. They are able to mute and un-mute students. The facilitators can chose when question time is or when students can be interactive. This gives the feel of the familiarity of a traditional classroom where the facilitator runs how the content is delivered. As well as, gives the opportunity for students to share their stories.
- It allows participants to learn and be able to immediately applying what they learn to their job, while it is fresh on their mind.
- No cancellations – there are no limitations to numbers.
We hope these 5 benefits of virtual classrooms have given you a better understanding of the concept.
apicsAU has designed a series of Summer Virtual Classrooms which have been developed from the Best of the Best short course offerings from 2016. View our summer virtual classes at: http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9b12daa3124e6a910a9170caa&id=e277b0c905
Special offer! – Register for three or more short courses and receive 20% off.
Do not forgot our early bird discount offer. Register before 21 December 2016 to receive $50 off short courses and $100 off certifications. – http://us12.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9b12daa3124e6a910a9170caa&id=f5e4f82cdf